Almost 30 Years of Giving
For almost 30 years, members and employees have donated their time, money and support in giving back to a number of various charitable organizations. The Glencoe Club is excited to continue this tradition with our season of giving and other charitable initiatives throughout the year. Each year, we elevate the awareness of Project Angel with a month-long, member targeted campaign during the holiday season. Many generous families participate in Project Angel and each year, more individuals, families and friends discover the joy of giving.
Charity of Choice
Over the years, the Club has focused its charitable donations to groups such as Inn from the Cold, YWCA, Women in Need, Servants Anonymous and the Veterans Food Bank. For 10 years we had a wonderful partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary.
In 2019, in alignment with the Club's Mission, Vision & Values, your Board of Directors approved a change to the Club's charity of choice. The Glencoe Club is pleased to support KidSport Calgary & Area as the be recipient of all Project Angel donations.
KidSport Calgary & Area
KidSport Calgary & Area is a local non-profit organization that helps to remove barriers for children looking to participate in organized sport. KidSport Calgary & Area believes that no kid should be left on the sidelines and that all should be given the opportunity to experience the benefits of organized sport. Partnering with KidSport Calgary & Area will provide the Club with opportunities to live out its mission of Creating Exceptional Experiences by helping to create positive memories for children in their athletic, recreational and social pursuits.
- Opened their doors in 1995, providing support to 92 kids that year.
- Currently assist an average of 14 kids per day with sport registration fees.
- Currently distribute over $3,700 in registration fees per day for KidSport kids to play.
- Combined, they assist over 8,000 kids with sport registration fees or equipment costs.
- KidSport has assisted over 51,000 kids, more than 20,000 of them in the last four years.
- Over $13.1 million in registration fees has been put back into local sports to support KidSport kids.
- Volunteers donate over 2,100 hours to their combined organization each year.
- Largest funded sport is soccer, with over 1,800 kids assisted each year.
- They provide support to over 50 different sports, including soccer, gymnastics, hockey, martial arts and basketball as well as swimming, lacrosse, dance, water polo, fencing, tennis, badminton, rock climbing, archery and many other sports.
- KidSport and Comrie’s Sports Bank are 100 percent community-funded, relying on the generosity of our donors, volunteers, ambassadors, corporate partners, fundraisers and third-party event partners to help us raise more than $2.5 million on an annual basis.
- KidSport officially welcomed Comrie's Sports Bank as a KidSport Program in October 2019 to donations and distribution of sports equipment.